:: Songs ::1.15.2006

Faith Hill

Name: Faith Hill
Birth Date: 21 September 1967
Birthplace: Jackson, Mississipii
Birth Name: Audrey Faith Perry Hill
Profession: Singer
Best Known As: Country-Pop vocalist who sang

Faith Hill Adopted at only a week old, she grew up in the small town of Star. She sang in church growing up and moved to Nashville at 19 to pursue a country music career. Hill's

First Music City job was selling T-shirts at Fan Fair. She later landed an office job with singer-songwriter Gary Morris' Nashville company. Morris heard her singing along with the radio and asked her to perform on demo tapes. Hill's first professional gig was singing backup for songwriter-musician Gary Burr, who would later become her co-producer. She was discovered by a Warner Bros. executive while singing with Burr at Nashville's famed Bluebird Cafe.

Warner Bros. Nashville released Hill's debut album, Take Me as I Am, in 1993. She made country music history in January 1994 when her debut single "Wild One" held the No. 1 position for four consecutive weeks on Billboard's country singles chart. Hill was the first female country singer to accomplish the feat with a debut single since Connie Smith's "Once a Day" in 1964. The album was eventually certified triple-platinum.

Her 1999 album Breathe debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's Top 200 and country albums charts and sold more than 8 million copies. The title track stayed at No. 1 for six weeks and reached the top of the adult contemporary and Top 40 charts as well. The steamy music video, in which she rolls around under a white bed sheet, gained Hill attention outside the world of country.

She earned three Grammy awards in 2000 -- for female country vocal performance, best country album and for country collaboration with vocals, for the McGraw duet, "Let's Make Love." The couple embarked on the co-headlining Soul 2 Soul tour in 2000. The outing raked in $49.6 million, making it the top country tour of the year. Hill was named female vocalist of the year at the CMA Awards in 2000.

Hill's song:

Breathe

I can feel the magic floatin' in the air
Being with you gets me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face, and I,
I've never been this swept away

All my thoughts just seem to settle on the breeze
When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms
The whole world just fades away, the only thing I hear
Is the beating of your heart

And I can feel you breathe, it's washing over me
Suddenly I'm melting into you
There's nothing left to prove, baby all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch, slow and steady rush
And baby, isn't that the way love's supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

In a way I know my heart is waking up
As all the walls come tumblin' down
Closer that I've ever felt before and I know and you know
There's no need for words right now

I can feel the magic floatin' in the air
Being with you gets me that way


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lowongan Kerja    Jobs Vacancy Information   Scholarship Infomation  

eXTReMe Tracker     :: MalaysiaTopBlogs ::   Powered by Blogger     
Listed on BlogShares  Music Blog Top Sites     Subscribe in NewsGator Online   Add My Favourite Songs to Newsburst from CNET News.com     Add to netvibes   Blogger Indonesia  
  Add to Google   Subscribe in FeedLounge     Subscribe in Bloglines   Add My Favourite Songs to ODEO   Subscribe in podnova   Subscribe in Rojo   Add to My AOL