:: Songs ::1.13.2006

The Corrs

The Corrs
"The Corrs" is one of Ireland's most successful pop exports of the 90s. The family group the Corrs comprise Jim (birth: 31 July 1964, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Eire; guitar, keyboards, backing vocals), Sharon (b. 24 March 1970, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Eire; violin/vocals), Caroline (b. 17 March 1973, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Eire; drums, bodhr¨¢n, keyboards, vocals) and Andrea (b. 17 May 1974, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Eire; lead vocals, tin whistle).

After gigging locally as a duo, Jim and Sharon Corr brought in their younger sisters Caroline and Andrea in order to audition for Alan Parker's 1991 movie The Commitments. Andrea secured the role of Jimmy Rabbitte's sister in the film and the others featured in bit parts. During filming, the sibling quartet were signed by manager John Hughes, after which they underwent a long apprenticeship honing their repertoire in an attempt to secure an international recording deal. A big break came when they were seen playing at a small gig at Whelen's, Dublin in 1994 by the US Ambassador to Ireland Jean Kennedy Smith. She invited them to play in Boston prior to America's hosting of the football World Cup.

While in America they won an audience with Michael Jackson 's producer David Foster and signed to Atlantic Records in collaboration with the Lava and 143 labels. Their 1995 debut, Forgiven, Not Forgotten, was a striking work, deftly combining traditional music with a strong pop sensibility. The traditional opener 'Erin Shore' featured some stunning violin from Sharon Corr, and segued into the title track, which remains one of their most accomplished compositions.

In addition to many strong self-penned numbers such as 'Someday', 'Secret Life' and 'Runaway', the album included the raucous 'Toss The Feathers', their perennial concert finale. The album was a best seller in Eire and before long substantial sales were logged in Australia and continental Europe, with figures in excess of two million. Meanwhile, the group toured non-stop, securing a strong fanbase in America and Asia. Britain remained strangely resistant to their charms, and although the album subsequently charted none of their singles secured substantial airplay.

Two singles were issued, the sensual 'Only When I Sleep' and the witty 'I Never Loved You Anyway', but both failed to break through into the UK charts. Their persistence and determination finally paid off in 1998, firstly via a St Patrick's Day appearance at the Royal Albert Hall, which was broadcast later that evening on BBC Television. The show featured a guest appearance on drums by Mick Fleetwood, and it was revealed that the Corrs' next single would be a cover of Fleetwood Mac 's 'Dreams', reworked by Todd Terry.

When 'Dreams' hit the UK Top 10, the Corrs exploded in Britain and suddenly were everywhere, appearing regularly on prime time radio/television slots and earnestly promoting their album. By June 1998 the previously modest sales of Talk On Corners were transformed and the work rose to number 1, going on to become the biggest selling UK album of 1998.

Renewed interest in the album prompted Atlantic to select two more singles from the work: a remix of the ballad 'What Can I Do' courtesy of Tin Tin Out, and a K Klass remix of the strident 'So Young'. Both reached the UK Top 10 confirming the Corrs' arrival as a strong singles act. The same year, Andrea Corr was featured as the singing voice of the heroine Kayley in Warner Brothers' first fully animated movie, The Quest For Camelot. A remix of 'Runaway' debuted at UK number 2 in February 1999. In April, their albums occupied the top two slots in the UK album charts. The MTV Unplugged collection featured five new tracks, including the single 'Radio'.

Here is one of their song:

Breathless
By The Corrs/R.J. Lange

The daylight's fading slowly
But time with you is standing still
I'm waiting for you only
The slightest touch and I feel weak

I cannot lie
From you I cannot hide
And I'm losing the will to try
Can't hide it, Can't fight it

Chorus:
So go on,go on,come on leave me breathless
Tempt me,tease me,until I can't deny this
Lovin' feeling
Make me long for your kiss
Go on,go on,yeah
Come on

And if there's no tomorrow
And all we have is here and now
I'm happy just to have you
You're all the love I need somehow

It's like a dream
Although I'm not asleep
And I never want to wake up
Don't lose it
Don't leave it

Chorus

And I can't lie
From you I cannot hide
And I've lost the will to try
Can't hide it
Can't fight it

Back to chorus

Tempt me,tease me,until I can't deny this
Lovin' feeling
Make me long for your kiss
Go on,go on,come on leave me breathless
Go on,go on,come on leave me breathless
Go on,go on,come on leave me breathless


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lowongan Kerja    Jobs Vacancy Information   Scholarship Infomation  

eXTReMe Tracker     :: MalaysiaTopBlogs ::   Powered by Blogger     
Listed on BlogShares  Music Blog Top Sites     Subscribe in NewsGator Online   Add My Favourite Songs to Newsburst from CNET News.com     Add to netvibes   Blogger Indonesia  
  Add to Google   Subscribe in FeedLounge     Subscribe in Bloglines   Add My Favourite Songs to ODEO   Subscribe in podnova   Subscribe in Rojo   Add to My AOL