:: Songs ::1.15.2006

Shania Twain

Name : Shania Twain
Name At Birth : Eilleen Regina Edwards
Date Of Birth : 28th August,1965
Place Of Birth : Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Raised in Timmins, Ontario
Nicknames : Woody (Mutt calls her this), Leenie (her family use this one).

Shania Twain was born in Windsor Ontario Canada on the 28th August 1965. Then she was known as Eilleen Regina Edwards.Just a few years later her parents Clarence and Sharon were divorced. Sharon took the children up to north to Timmins Ontario where she would marry an Ojibwa (Native Canadian) by the name of Jerry Twain, he adopted Eilleen and her two sisters, Jill (the eldest child) and Carrie ann (the youngest).

When she was just 3 years old she remembers her mother putting her up on counter tops to sing. Then when she was just 8 years old she was performing her parents favorite country songs in old people's homes and bars (after hours when they had stopped serving liquer). Soon she was even appearing on TV shows. Behind all this was the support of her parents, who wanted her to succeed. Sharon was booking her in everywhere and Shania loved to sing, as her sister Carrie Ann once commented, ''Shania would always be singing, even just walking down the street. I'd be so embarrassed.''

From the age of 10 Shania was writing her own songs and dreaming of a much better life. When she was in her teens she had a job at mcdonalds after school, she worked on her dads reforestation business and at the age of 16 she played in her first band. A band named Longshot, ''We were pretty good actually, pretty dangerous for my home town and pretty popular.'' (FHM 1998)

Music was Shania's life, she would skip classes in school to write songs in the music room and after graduation she played in bar bands that played anything from pop to rock. ''There's something more moving about music than anything else in life for me, It's like a drug, I spent my teen years being high on music.'' (redbook)

One of her songs that I like much:

You're Still the One


Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

*(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
*(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

*(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
*(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

*(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
*(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lowongan Kerja    Jobs Vacancy Information   Scholarship Infomation  

eXTReMe Tracker     :: MalaysiaTopBlogs ::   Powered by Blogger     
Listed on BlogShares  Music Blog Top Sites     Subscribe in NewsGator Online   Add My Favourite Songs to Newsburst from CNET News.com     Add to netvibes   Blogger Indonesia  
  Add to Google   Subscribe in FeedLounge     Subscribe in Bloglines   Add My Favourite Songs to ODEO   Subscribe in podnova   Subscribe in Rojo   Add to My AOL