:: Songs ::1.20.2006

Lionel Richie: Hello

Lionel Richie
Born: June 20, 1949
Birth place: Tuskegee, Alabama

Lionel Brockman Richie, Jr. is an American singer who got his start as the front man for the Commodores, a nationally popular Motown band during the 70's. He quit the band in '81 for a solo career. He released his self-titled debut in 1982. The album hit No. 3 on the charts and sold over 4 million copies. His follow up album, Can't Slow Down, sold over twice as many copies and won the Grammy for Album of the Year in '84. His third album, '86's Dancing on the Ceiling spawned such hits as "Say You, Say Me," "Dancing on the Ceiling," and "Se La", but would be the end of his commercial success. His 90's albums such as Back to Front, Louder Than Words, and Time all failed to achieve the previous decade's commercial success. Some of his recent work, such as the album Renaissance, has returned to his older style, hoping to achieve more success.

His beautiful song:

Hello

I've been alone with you inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
I sometimes see you pass outside my door..
Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted,
my arms are open wide

'Cause you know
just what to say..
And you know just
what to do..
And I want to tell you
so much, I love you.

I long to see the sunlight in your hair
And tell you time and time again how much I care
Sometimes I feel my heart will overflow
Hello, I've just got to let you know..

'Cause I wonder
where you are
And I wonder what
you do..
Are you somewhere feeling lonely,
or is someone loving you?

Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying,
I love you..

Music

Hello, is it me
you're looking for?
'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely
or is someone loving you

Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying..
I love you.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The video for Lionel Richie's "Hello" is the worst in pop music history. What sane person thinks a huge clay model of their head is ever appropriate?
http://www.macalester.edu/~fines/lionel/media/lionel_richie_hello.mpg

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But i only like the song, that's all. anyway, thanks for visiting my blog. Come again okey!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lowongan Kerja    Jobs Vacancy Information   Scholarship Infomation  

eXTReMe Tracker     :: MalaysiaTopBlogs ::   Powered by Blogger     
Listed on BlogShares  Music Blog Top Sites     Subscribe in NewsGator Online   Add My Favourite Songs to Newsburst from CNET News.com     Add to netvibes   Blogger Indonesia  
  Add to Google   Subscribe in FeedLounge     Subscribe in Bloglines   Add My Favourite Songs to ODEO   Subscribe in podnova   Subscribe in Rojo   Add to My AOL